Printable Barbie Doll Patterns
Designing your own doll clothes from printable patterns is a great way to create handmade outfits for your Barbie dolls.
What you need:
- graphics software program
- ink jet printer
- fabric sheets
- fabric glue
- Velcro self adhesive strips or dots
- fabric shears
- Download your free Barbie doll patterns template making sure it is in a format that is printable.
- Open a blank page in a graphics software program and import the printable Barbie doll patterns to your page.
- Re size the Barbie doll patterns so they measure 6” wide by 8” high and rotate 90 degrees as well.
- Place a rectangle with an outline and no fill on the page and re size it so that it covers the Barbie patterns (if you are using the same doll pattern for both). Fill the rectangle with the pattern color of your choice.
- Layer this rectangle beneath the doll patterns so they outline the Barbie clothes. They should show on top of the printable clothes pattern or color.
- Print a free test page on plain paper. If you are satisfied with the printable sample, you can now transfer your barbie doll patterns to an ink jet fabric sheet.
- Allow the transfer fabric sheet to dry for about 5 minutes and then free off the backing sheet. Cut out the printable patterns from the fabric sheet.
- Make a split at the front of the doll patterns up to the neck and then cut out the hole.
- Run a small bead of fabric adhesive around one of the “A” curves on the printable side of the fabric. Fold it in half and slowly line it up with the “B” curve opposite it. Press it gently to make sure the adhesive sticks. Repeat with the other “A” and “B” curve. Once the adhesive dries a bit, you can reverse the patterns right side out.
- Put a tiny piece of self-adhesive Velcro inside the corners on the back of the doll patterns. This will serve as the closing device for the barbie clothes.
- PAY ATTENTION to where the “A’s” and “B’s” are on the doll patterns and which are the front and the back (you can mark them on the reverse side with a pencil).
Now you have designed printable patterns for your Barbie doll clothes, you do this with any printable patterns you like and will be able to modify the printable templates to make different types of barbie clothes! Here are some links to Barbie Doll Patterns and printable instruction to get you started.
- Choose self-adhesive dots instead of velco strips to fasten the Barbie clothes
- Fill the rectangle with clip art instead of color for a unique effect
Barbie Doll Patterns & Instruction